Saturday, June 19, 2010

The South Western United States

Its 12:55 A.M in South Carolina right now, early Sunday morning June 21st, 10:55pm in New Mexico. First Day of Summer and Fathers Day. Happy Fathers Day dad I love you and miss you all back home. Upon arriving to New Mexico last Wednesday, after a great time in Alabama with Pellet, I have hooked up with Blessed and its been one hell of an adventure. Late Wednesday night we headed up to a cabin around 8000ft. in elevation, where we spent the night. Thursday morning we bushwhacked through some tough terrain to hook up with the CDT, a trail that goes for over 3100 miles from the New Mexico/Mexico border to the Montana/Canadian border. Yes Its not the Appalachian Trail or the Pacific Crest Trail, which I will undertake next April, But another long distance trail which We traveled for a short time compared to 3100 miles. The trip through the high desert plateaus and high mountain peaks was packed full of diversity. From the rough and arid ridges to the cool lush canyons, The Southern Rockies and Southwestern Deserts are truly a magical place. Reeds Peak at 10,011 Ft. is my proudest summit bag to date yet, but Mt. Hoods coming baby in a couple weeks.Walking in a canyon next to a creek Friday night, I stumbled across a black bear bringing back vivid memories of the Appalachian Trail, and how even though I am so far away from my Appalachians, My family, and Friends I will never forget where I came from, and the true direction of where I'm going. Its late good night, Heading out in the morning to Phoenix, Arizona where i will be staying tomorrow night with BigFish and Firecracker, yes those are there trail names because I met them on the Appalachian Trail. Video Uploads and Pictures coming to this website or Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment